Dec 17, 2009

The Finer Things, like kicking Murphy in the Jingle Bells and gathering the Cheer Moms.



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....at least it is at my house.  I love Christmas and decorating for Christmas, so my house is decked out for the holidays.  I even put up 2 trees this year, seeing as how I scored a new tree last January at Sears for $99.  It was originally $399, so I got that going for me.

Other than decorating for Christmas I have been taking care of my girl who must have Murphy's luck when it comes to her health.  Who is this guy Murphy?  I'd like to give him a swift kick in his jingle bells.  My poor child constantly has something wrong with her.  She suffered all of October and November with Mono.  While dealing with Mono my little piglet got hit with the Swine Flu - talk about a double whammy!  She is just recovering from all of that and 2 weeks ago did a number on her ankle while tumbling and ended up in the ER.  There is no fracture, but it is a "severe sprain".  Now we found out she needs 2, yes 2, root canals, the first of which will be performed on New Years Eve.  You know, cuz her December hasn't sucked enough.

Poor kid.  I am showering her with love, and healthy food, and extra vitamins.  Grandma is showering her with prayer.  Daddy is showering her with love and an new ipod under teh tree.  So we've got it covered and we are looking forward to a happy, healthy 2010!

In other non-Christmas, hurray for 2010, glass half full news:  I have a job interview next week!  Yay!  I am making the switch from part-time to full-time.  So wish me luck oh faithful readers.  Speaking of readers, I am dying to join a book club.  I happened to be at the library last Thursday evening getting a book for my online book club at Bye, Bye, Pie and I asked the librarian about Book Clubs.  "Oh yes, we have 3 Book Clubs".  Yay, I took the info. and was excited about the idea.  As I was wandering the library I noticed all of these people coming in with books (imagine that) and pastries.  I looked at my book club pamphlet and sure enough 2 of the 3 book clubs meet on Thursday nights.  All of these men and women were arriving for their monthly Book Club meeting - and they bring desserts!  Count me in!  Then I noticed something...um.....every single one of them was 75+ years of age.  Uh, not so sure about that.  I was going to ask the librarian if everyone in book club was a senior, but then I pictured her looking at me like I was some horrible person who didn't like old people.  Oh my gosh, what kind of person am I?  I have since decided that I absolultely love old people and love to converse with them, but DO NOT want to join Book Club with them.  I'd much rather converse and discuss with my peers.  Does that make me bad?  Where are all of my book-reading peers?  Don't any of them read?  They are probably all members of online book clubs, like me.

Solution?  I am going to start a Mom Book Club at my daughters gym.  Cheer Moms Book Club?  Yup, Cheer Moms read too.  There will probably end up being just 3 or 4 of us, you know, like Pam, Toby, and Oscar. 

So that's what is going on with me.  How about you?  In the Christmas spirit?  Member of a Book Club?  Happy and healthy?  Hello? Hello?  Is this thing on?

3 comments:

Life Laugh Latte said...

Sorry to hear about your little one. Funny how they can get into a slump of illnesses and other tragedies. You sound excited about full time work...hope they are flexible with kids illnesses...or she may be joining you in your cubicle:) Hope you find that perfect book club. I really like mine, mainly because I probably wouldn't read without it. Have a great weekend. Holly

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Your poor baby! If you posted her first name, I could put her on the prayer line. It's what I do.

I like older folks, so I would at least drop in and read one book with them. What have you got to lose? The Cheer Moms is a great long term option. Either or both.

Glad you're all ready for the holiday. (I remember the days of multiple trees.) I hope you treasure the time you have with your family while you're all still under one roof. Time is fleeting.

Merry Christmas!

Life Laugh Latte said...

Blog bling for you. Come on by. Holly