Nov 20, 2009

End of an Era



Today is a day of mourning.
Today Oprah announces the end of The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Next season, 2010-2011, will be Season 25 and her last season on network TV.
The talk show began in 1986.  (I was a Senior in high school!)
She has been faithfully there for me for the past 24 years.
Say what you want about Oprah, but she is  "my guuurrrrl".
I have always loved and admired Oprah, and I will miss her.


However....do not dispair yet, oh legions of oprah fans...she won't be gone for good.
The new Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) is set to debut in 2011.  It is being formed in conjunction with Discovery Channel and will take the place of Discovery Health in millions of homes across the U.S.
Maybe she'll just move the talk show over to OWN?
A girl can only hope.
*sigh*

2 comments:

MonkeyFace said...

I'm sad about Oprah ending her show. 25 years, can you imagine the amount of work? I'm sure she deserves a break. But, I hope with the launch of her own network, we'll see even more of her!

You're right, a girl can only hope!

Amanda said...

I am not a fan of her and her crazy new age mumbo jumbo.

that being said. If she wanted me to come on her show, I think I would pee my pants a little.

:) Thats a great picture you chose!

Blessings-
Amanda